What is CookHous?
CookHous is testing the need for social at-home dining in Australia, which will bring together people with a passion for food and fun. By opting to be a cook and hosting your own CookHous, you get an opportunity to refine your cooking skills, test out new cooking ideas, meet new and interesting people and earn some additional income. By being a guest and visiting a CookHous, you get to experience exotic cuisine that you might not be able to find at a restaurant, at a fraction of the price, and also enjoying a fun social experience with new people.
How are the ninjas completing this assignment?
The Blazing Ninjas are completing this assignment by utlitizing a number of free and open-source technologies that are fit-for-purpose. These technologies, the development methods and hosting environments used are assisting in increasing speed to market while keeping hosting and development expense down.
Here’s a quick but detailed look at the current technology and hosting stack being employed for CookHous:
- The public facing website and API are currently packaged together and have been built in ASP.NET Core, leveraging the latest in Identity and Entity Frameworks that Microsoft have to offer. This is hosted with AWS Elastic Beanstalk using Docker containerization technology.
- The user dashboard is a static website that has been built purely in VueJS and hosted in S3 behind CloudFront.
- The UI across both solutions is a standard bootstrap theme.
- Non standard bootstrap UI components have been custom built using VueJS as well.
- Some of the third party components and services we’re leveraging are Google Places API, Timezone API, AWS SES and Fontawesome.